Would you like to see your church’s history here?
Here’s what you need to do:
CHCT would welcome a short history of your church to publish on our website; below is some guidance as to the ideal format.
Try to restrict the length to 400 words as this will make the web pages more uniform. Many churches already have booklets or such but as these tend to be a longer than 400 words, a potted version is required. The copyright is shared between the CHCT and the PCC and if you wish we can supply a version mounted on CHCT letterhead. Once you have compiled the necessary information, please send it to the Church Histories Coordinator (see below) who will forward the text for checking to Dr Joanna Mattingly and Mrs Christine Edwards MBE, our historian and archivist respectively and to Canon Michael Warner for 19th and 20th century works. Please also note the following:
1. Jpeg images, with captions. These need to be high resolution so they can be edited and subsequently reduced in resolution for website compatibility. The images must be emailed to the Church Histories Coordinator in a separate file from the document, ie. not be embedded within the document.
2. Address, postcode and Ordnance Survey grid reference are useful.
3. If applicable, please provide the parish or church’s website address. This is so we can provide a link from your Church History page on our website to your website
4. If the above is supplied, please also provide the name of the person who manages the church’s website. This is so they can provide a link from that church’s website to the CHCT website.
5. If the text could be in MS word that would be ideal.