Church associated at first with the Templars in Cornwall. They had their preceptory nearby at Trebeigh. Like Sheviock this church is an excellent example of Decorated-period architecture and retains many 14th century windows. It is most notable for its:
- Complete 14th century chancel executed by Exeter masons and possibly the work of William Joy. Exeter and Wells Cathedral dominated international architecture in the early 14th century. The chancel at St Ive has a fine five light Geometric window with integral ogee headed statue niches on each side. The suite of chancel fittings is completed by a piscina and triple sedilia. The rector in 1314-49 was Bernard de Castro, a personal friend of Bishop Grandisson of Exeter.
- Some geometrical glass apparently survives in north transept.
- A fine alabaster fragment of St Christopher may be Nottingham or Stafford work of c.1400s.
- South aisle pillars are Cornish standard but more elaborated carved than usual with cresting and rope work, reminiscent of St Kew.
- Good wagon roofs throughout with roof bosses and carved angels.
- Pulpit still has its tester and though dated 1700 may incorporate some 16th century bench ends.
- Royal coat of arms of 1660 with Victorian colouring.
- Statue to Emily Hobhouse, the campaigner, who first drew attention to the concentration camps in South Africa during the Boer War. She was born in the vicarage here.