Leedstown United Methodist Church
Chapel Road, Leedstown TR27 6BD
The frontage of the church is fine cut granite, austere but practical and belies the intimate, warmth of the interior.
Stained glass commemorates the dead from the first war in a central window depicting St George and the Dragon. This was bought for £90 in 1923. Circular windows given to remember the dead of the second world war. Pictorial windows of Jesus and Dorcus were given and installed in 1951 by an American emigree family.
In 1923 electricity was installed, the chapel reseated, decorated and heating installed at a cost of £850!
The gallery pillars are wood painted to resemble marble and the central ceiling rose is a very fine example of plasterwork and was last painted in the 1923 scheme. The design of the pulpit was used in many overseas countries.
It is the last remaining Methodist Church in Crowan Parish serving 7 separate communities.